Who is the qualification for?
This qualification is for individuals operating in the cultural and entertainment industries who wish to enhance their skills for playing or singing music. Individuals who would benefit from this qualification include:
This list is not exhaustive and only serves to illustrate the breadth of the qualification.
How is it structured?
To be awarded this Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ), candidates must successfully complete all mandatory units and a minimum of any two (2) Level One elective units, any two (2) Level Two elective units and any two (2) Level Three elective units.
What does it cover?
The mandatory units include:
- Develop basic skills for playing or singing music
- Read music
- Care and maintain instruments
- Perform music as part of a group
- Compose a simple song or tune
- Create a simple accompaniment for a song or tune
- Perform accompaniment
- Perform music as a soloist
- Promote own artistic work
The optional units cover:
- Transfer sound
- Play stringed/wind instrument/ percussion instrument/keyboard instrument
- Check, maintain and repair equipment
- Read music for performance and analysis
- Create original music
- Plan, prepare and present a recital performance
- Perform improvisation for audience