Who is the qualification for?
This qualification is for individuals who wish to enhance their effectiveness in the automotive service industry. Individuals who would benefit from this qualification include:
- Auto Mechanics
- Automotive Service Technicians
This list is not exhaustive and only serves to illustrate the breadth of the qualification.
How is it structured?
To achieve this Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ), candidates must successfully complete all mandatory units plus a minimum of three (3) Level One elective units and one (1) Level Two elective unit.
What does it cover?
The mandatory units cover:
- Perform technical computations (basic)
- Service engines and associated engine components
- Service cooling systems and associated components
- Disassemble/assemble cylinder head and check tolerances
- Disassemble/assemble engine block and subassemblies and evaluate components/check tolerances
- Perform routine servicing of petrol fuel systems
The optional units cover:
- Perform basic inspection of steering and suspension system Prepare for wheel alignment operations
- Prepare for manual/automatic transmission service/repair
- Perform routine inspection of brake system component/unit
- Repair engines and associated engine components
- Repair cooling systems and associated components
- Repair and tuning petrol fuel systems
- Service and repairing charging and starting systems/components
- Repair exhaust systems
- Repair ignition systems