Who is the qualification for?
This qualification is for individuals who wish to enhance their effectiveness in the provision of therapeutic services. It covers various massage techniques, including Swedish, Stone, Deep Tissue and Sports. Individuals who would benefit from this qualification include:
- Massage Therapists
- Spa Staff
- Athletic Trainers
- Physical Therapist Assistants/Aides
This list is not exhaustive and only serves to illustrate the breadth of the qualification.
How is it structured?
To be awarded this Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ), candidates must successfully complete all mandatory units. Elective units achieved will be awarded unit Statements of Competence.
What does it cover?
The mandatory units include:
- Prepare clients for therapeutic services
- Apply knowledge of anatomy and physiology to beauty therapy treatments
- Provide Swedish massage
- Perform On-Site Massage
- Provide Aromatherapy Massage
- Apply Body Scrub
- Apply Hydrotherapy
- Apply Stone Massage
- Provide Sports Massage
- Provide Deep Tissue Massage
- Apply Shiatsu
- Provide trigger point therapy
- Research business opportunities
The optional units cover:
- Undertake financial planning
- Craft a personal entrepreneurial strategy
- Develop business plans
- Use reflexology relaxation techniques in beauty treatments
- Facilitate and capitalise on change and innovation