Who is the qualification for?
This qualification is for individuals providing beauty or personal grooming services, for example:
- Manicurists/Nail Technicians
- Make-up Artists
This list is not exhaustive and only serves to illustrate the breadth of the qualification.
How it is structured?
To be awarded this Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ), candidates must successfully complete all mandatory units. Elective units achieved will be awarded unit Statements of Competence.
What it covers?
The mandatory units include:
- Maintain a safe, clean and efficient work environment
- Prepare clients for salon services
- Perform temporary hair colour services
- Remove chemicals from hair
- Perform thermal straightening, curling and waving
- Provide manicure and pedicure services
- Apply nail art
- Design and apply make-up
- Provide facial treatments
- Provide lash and brow treatment
- Provide temporary epilation and bleaching treatments
- Consult with clients and diagnose hair and scalp conditions
- Perform permanent wave and chemical straightening services
The optional units include:
- Craft personal entrepreneurial strategy
- Design and apply hair extensions
- Maintain wigs and hair pieces
- Make wigs
- Perform permanent hair colour services
- Perform hair braiding services