Who is the qualification for?
This qualification is for individuals providing personal care, beauty or grooming services, including hair loss or scalp treatments to clients; for example:
- Hairdressers, Hair Stylists
- Staff of Barber Shops, Salons, Spas
- Aesthetics/Cosmetology Instructors
This list is not exhaustive and only serves to illustrate the breadth of the qualification.
How is it structured?
To be awarded this Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ), candidates must successfully complete all mandatory units. Electives units achieved will be awarded unit Statements of Competence.
What does it cover?
The mandatory units include:
- Maintain a safe, clean and efficient work environment
- Perform temporary hair colour services
- Prepare clients for salon service
- Sell products and services
- Conduc financial transactions
- Remove chemicals from hair
- Consult with clients and diagnose hair and scalp conditions
- Perform face shaves
- Select and maintain tools and equipment
The optional units include:
- Treatingrown hair, hair and scalp conditions
- Perform semi-permanent hair colour services
- Perform permanent wave and chemical straightening services
- Perform hair shaping on naturally straight or curly hair
- Provide beard and moustache design services